Commitment to Sustainability
Portugal is now recognized as one of the best countries in the world to visit, due essentially to gastronomy, climate, security and the vast cultural and environmental heritage. Thanks to this recognition, more and more people seek to travel and venture along the "paths of Portugal", which is naturally reflected in impacts on society and the environment.
In Villa Montês We believe that sustainability begins in ourselves and Villa Montês is a company that operates in accomodation and leisure market, we must transmit values that go according to the pillars of sustainability, trying to minimize the impacts associated with these activities, both socially, economically and environmentally.
According to the World Tourism Organization (OMT), Sustainable Tourism must "meet the current needs of hosts and tourist communities, protecting and improving future opportunities. It is seen as a guide in the coordination of all resources, so that economic, social and environmental needs can be met, maintaining cultural integrity, essential ecological processes, biological diversity and life support systems. "
- Biodegradable cleaning products;
- Biodegradable toiletries;
- The pool has a salt-based treatment;
- Appliances of category A+ or higher;
- LED lights throughout the Villa;
- We do not use any kind of chemical in the garden.
- Building materials and crockery from Portuguese companies;
- Consumable products from local markets or Portuguese brands;
- We seek as much as possible, buy from local businessmen.
- Dissemination of local heritage, culture and customs;
- Most of the plants in our garden and vegetable garden are native or typically used by the Portuguese;
- Partnership with local companies that carry out activities in the field of interpretation of nature and local cultural.